Astra Solutions is now seeking a MS Exchange Admin for our client in downtown Tulsa, OK. This is a six + month contract that does have the chance of going full-time. Candidates who apply that meet the below qualifications will be contacted within 24 hours.
Systems Administrator IV- IT Job Purpose:
• Design, Manage and Support IT Messaging Systems (Exchange Online/O365/Skype)
• Design, Manage and Support Microsoft Active Directory
• Continually look to improve the messaging systems through research and working with Microsoft and other internal teams to understand messaging roadmap, upgrades, and future product capabilities as they may apply to business requirements. Architect and implement these improvements as business needs dictate.
Systems Administrator IV- IT Job Duties:
• Administer and support cloud based Microsoft Exchange Online.
• Administer and support on-premises Microsoft Active Directory
• Administer and support on-premises legacy 2007 and 2013 Microsoft Exchange infrastructure.
• Work within a matrix of teams within Williams to provide ad-hoc support for cloud based, Skype-for-Business, Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Azure
• 24x7x365 support, priority response for VIP Support (i.e. for Executive Leadership, board members, and other VIPs)
• Monitoring the environments via Nagios and other scripts
• Own and maintain proper mail-flow and Exchange-specific security
• Work in conjunction with IT Security to manage Email Hygiene and DLP via Proofpoint
o Inbound Mail (this is an add/delete, includes DNS name and destination)
o Outbound Mail/Allow Relay (validating that the relay list is correct)
o Message Tracking
• Work with teams like Network and Security to ensure the messaging environment is secure and performing satisfactorily
• Script creation/upkeep (including documentation). Script examples:
o Operational (e.g. retention tag application, recording permissions, conference room creation etc..)
• DR Planning
• Cross-training of less experienced staff
• Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server Administration, Microsoft Active Directory
• Some scripting ability: (e.g PowerShell, Perl, etc)
• Strong work ethic, and works well within team
• Problem solving and troubleshooting
• Standards development, process improvement, conceptual skills, requirements analysis
• Able to participate in 24/7/365 on-call rotation, some rare occasions to travel to remote sites/data centers
• Ability to coach and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
• Bachelor’s in MIS or similar, or 10 years of experience in Exchange Admin and AD Admin roles, MBA a plus
• Related Microsoft certifications a big plus (Exchange, O365, Active Directory, etc.)