Astra Solutions is now seeking a GIS Technician for our client in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a 6+ month contract with the possibility of going full-time. Candidates who apply that meet the below qualifications will be contacted within 24 hours.
Key responsibilities include:
• Enter data into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data.
• Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
• Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation.
• Prepare operational and ad-hoc deliverables (if required).
• Perform spatial analysis (if required).
• Establish and maintain strong, healthy relationships with internal customers and GIS team members.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn new software and GIS systems quickly.
• Works independently and is self-starting.
• Have a strong attention to detail
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, workflows, and process/procedures.
Job Qualifications/Technology Requirements
• Knowledge and experience with ESRI products and the area of GIS.
• Proficient in the use of ArcGIS/ArcView software.
• Prior experience in the Oil & Gas industry preferred.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS or related field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing GIS.