Astra Solutions is now seeking a Project Manager for our client in Tulsa, OK. This is a 12+ month contract that has the possibility to go full-time. Candidates with the below qualifications will be contacted within 24 hours.
The Project Manager IV is responsible for management of complex efforts and coordination of multiple related projects. Understands the business benefits and able to track the delivery throughout the project. This includes coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Along with establishing and implementing project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
* Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts and establishing and implementing project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
* Responsible for tracking key project milestones and assisting program manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
* Manage large, complex Enterprise projects with little to no supervision.
* Mentor other lower level project managers on project management.
* Demonstrates the ability to set priorities under conditions of limited resources and competing demands.
* Demonstrates the ability to coordinate multiple projects and projects having multiple phases.
* Demonstrates the ability to consider the impact of one's actions on the overall IT organization when setting work priorities.
* Demonstrates the ability to consider contingencies for the unexpected when planning long term work initiatives.
* Demonstrates ability to build trust and relationships to empower joint decisions.
* Demonstrate ability to see the overall impact of issues being discussed and the consequences not just to this project but other projects and systems.
* Creates plans to mitigate risk by organizing, leading, and controlling the activities of a project early in the project lifecycle.
* Demonstrates ability to forward look for potential risks to projects from external factors such as other projects, resources, or external entities.
* Ability to analyze and prioritize risks based on probability and potential impact.
* Develops a strategy for team and personal development to enable team success.
* Provides a climate of improved motivation, communication, support and trust within a team.
* Provides a culture that demands each team member to apply their unique talents, knowledge and creativity to achieve to team objectives and success.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, engineering or related discipline with information technology focus.
* 7-10 years of experience in project management which includes at least 3 year’s experience in information technology or 13-16 years related business experience
* Prior experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred
* Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
* Extensive knowledge of plan development and execution, scope planning, schedule development, cost estimating, budgeting, and control, quality planning assurance, organizational planning, communications planning, risk identification and risk response control..