Astra Solutions is now seeking a Java Systems Analyst for our client in the Tulsa, OK area. This is a direct hire opportunity. Candidates that meet the requirements below will be contacted in 24-48 hours.
Primary responsibilities are focused on providing development and support of business critical operations-related IT systems for a successful, growth-oriented technology leader in the energy industry. Specific work will include troubleshooting issues, enhancing existing and creating new functionality in support of Magellan's operational systems including pipeline ticketing system, operational data store, quality & product specification systems, one-call system, enterprise service bus, business intelligence, GIS mapping system and associated supporting SCADA-applications.
Technical Skills Required:
- Candidate should be a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interact with business partners to identify and address issues.
- Ability to support business critical custom-developed and vendor-provided applications and associated interfaces.
- Ability to effectively engage with business partners to gather, evaluate and document specific and thorough functional requirements, translate functional requirements into an efficient technical design, and develop efficient, well-performing code according to technical design.
- Ability to plan and manage work on a daily basis, meet defined project goals, and complete assignments by scheduled dates, complying with documented change management procedures.
Technical Skills Considered a Plus:
- Java development skills
- Technical Skills Preferred:
- Oracle/Microsoft SQL Server Stored Procedures
- Oracle and Microsoft database technologies
- Hibernate ORM