Astra Solutions is now seeking a Business Systems Analyst for our premier client in Tulsa, OK. This is a contract role with a potential to convert. While on contract, the hourly rate is $45-60/per hour. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.
The Business Analyst/Test Lead will be responsible for planning and conducting a wide range of testing functions to ensure that all applications and processes meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. This role is expected to perform test planning, test design and test execution, track and report status and ensure that the testing covers all end user requirements. Partners with line-of-business teams, application teams, project managers, and others to provide a consolidated perspective of testing activities across projects to aid in managing and mitigating testing risks and issues.
The Business Analyst/Test Lead will lead and support the test effort across multiple projects. This individual will join a group of 10-15.
* Design and execute test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures.
* Review and understand business requirements; map the requirements to relevant test cases to ensure adequate test coverage.
* Coordinate and manage user or third party testing, including UAT.* Track testing by test scenarios, test cases and test steps. Report on these items.
* Develop testing strategies that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
* Manage software defects tracking, reporting, follow-up, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to management.
* Define and perform regression testing.
* Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
* Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
* Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
* Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
* Collaborate with developers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
* Define and report to management on test metrics.
• Leads project/subprogram level test planning sessions.
• Creates project-level test status reporting including reporting for leadership.
• Provides subprogram-level test status reporting and summary level metrics.
• Leads project test status meetings and topic calls.
• Coordinates test sign-off approvals.
* Bachelor and/or graduate degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in testing software and developing business requirements for internally built and vendor purchased systems
* Expertise in test planning, troubleshooting, debugging and problem solving; and with ability to come up with comprehensive test cases
* Strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent. Ability to self-start and work with minimum direction is critical
* Ability to work and participate in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style, partner effectively cross-group
* The ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables concurrently
* The ability to take a broad view of the system as a whole
* Passion for quality and attention to details
* Strong oral and written English